Thursday, May 28, 2015

More Quilting Blocks!

A few days ago I posted pictures of some quilting blocks that I had sewed together. They're part of a quilt along and are so much fun. Every Friday, you make two blocks out of this book and post them to Facebook, your blog, Instagram, etc.


 The book can be purchased here, which is where I purchased mine! Every block pattern has a name, and the author gives you measurements for either a 6" block or a 12" block. I decided to make the 6" blocks.

This block is from Week 3 of the Farmgirl quilt along. It's called "Baking Day Block"! Now how cute are these bowls and spoon!? This one was fun to make. I really enjoyed it!!!


 Also from Week 3 is this "Butter Churn Dash Block". This one wasn't too bad. I really like the design and am getting better trying to match my points!



 Now this cutie here is called "Canning Season Block" from Week 4. Super cute, no! They're supposed to be mason jars. Love them!!



The "Chicken Foot", also from Week 4, is pretty doggone cool. Gotta love those names! Now this block, and the "Canning Season" were from last week Friday! I really try to start my blocks early in the week so I can have them done by Friday. Just staying ahead of the game!!

Maybe my Friday or Saturday posts will be my quilt along blocks. It's not too late to join, friends. You can purchase the book and pick up wherever we are in the book. If you do wish to follow along, go to Lori Holt's blog every Friday for inspiration! She'll give you ideas for what you can do with these blocks other than a quilt.

Well, that's it for now. I'm not sure who is still here reading my blog, but if that's you, thank you for hanging around!! God bless and have a great day!!

No comments: