Thursday, May 7, 2015

A change of plans!

A funny thing happened as I was perusing Facebook yesterday! Do y'all remember the fabric I posted the other day, you know, the one I was super excited about making a quilt with for a friend? Yeah, that one! Well, my friend posted a picture of a quilt that her cousin made for her.  :-/  It's in a woodland theme, the exact same type of quilt that I was going to make! Bugger! All that wasted time and energy of finding the perfect fabrics and then that happens, of course! LOL  I'm not upset, just bummed because I was so looking forward to making that quilt! Lucky for me she's registered at a few stores, but would also really appreciate Amazon gift cards. I took the super easy way out and just purchased the Amazon GC! Done, gift ready for her baby shower next week! :)

Well, there's always a bright side to every story don't ya know!  Mr. Tuki has a friend whose wife is expecting in July. She's having a boy like my other friend. Mr. Tuki just happened to be at their place a few days ago and noticed that they're decorating the baby's nursery in a nautical theme. Well, I was on the internet scoping out some nautical themed fabrics and came across these. This fabric line is called "Daysail" by Bonnie & Camille for Moda Fabrics:




How cute are they? When I first saw them I knew I was going to use them. 


Then I found this coordinating fabric, all from the same "Daysail" line. Seriously, I cannot wait to start this quilt!



These fabrics caught my eye and I thought they would also go perfectly with the "Daysail" fabrics mentioned above.  These are called "Swiss Dots" by Riley Blake! They are in navy and red! They look great together, no! 


 
I made a mock up of the quilt that I wanted to make and it included anchors!  I was again scouring the internet and found this fabric titled Anchors (in navy) by Premier Prints!

Now I'm hoping no one makes Mr. Tuki's friend and his wife a quilt. I will be so bummed if that happened.... so bummed!

Anywho, I will post pics of the fabrics when they come in. I still need to order the "Anchors" and that'll be that! Wish me luck friends, this will be my 2nd real quilt! I am so thrilled about these fabric choices. I seriously can't wait to see it all come to fruition.

How about you? What are you working on these days? Do tell!!  Have a great Friday, friends!! May God richly bless you today!!

1 comment:

Christine S said...

You will love Daysail! In person it's so beautiful!