Saturday, April 18, 2015

My finished quilt!

Ok, so a few days ago I said I'd post a picture of the quilt that I made. Now keep in mind this was my very first quilt, like EVER! Some of the seams don't match up and a few of the quilting lines are awful, I admit it. But hey, not too bad for a first timer!

 Here it is, in all it's glory!! I really love it!


 The finished quilt measures 39" x 39".


 I chose to go with an Americana quilt because I realized that I didn't really have any 4th of July decor for my house. I put this over the back of our sofa during the month of July!


 As soon as I saw the white fabric with the little stars, I knew I would be using that one for sure!


 Now remember when I said that a lot of my seams didn't match up... well, there you go! It looks pretty bad up close.
 But luckily, since it's a dark color, you really can't notice it from a distance! Whew!


 Here's another doozy! The teacher never told me that I had to sew a 1/4" seam. I wasn't familiar at all with any sewing terminology, so I was just sewing the pieces together.


 Now here with the quilting, you can see in the middle of the picture where my stitching was off. Not too noticeable, but still not very appealing!


 Here's another part of the quilt where the seams didn't line up. I tell ya, I should have watched YouTube videos before I took this class. I have gained a wealth of knowledge by watching the videos and visiting different blogs over the last couple of years. There are a group of ladies at my church that do some serious quilting. They make some pretty insane quilts. Since taking that quilting class, the ladies have encouraged me to not give up and have offered tons of advice and help.


There are more pics to post of the quilt and I'll be posting those in a few more days. Thanks so much for visiting. Have a superb day, friends!!

No comments: