Well, these were the rows of blocks that I had sewn together!
In these pictures I had added the yellow border. Borders really help to make the quilt a bit larger. The more borders you add, the bigger your quilt will be!!
Here you can see I added an additional turquoise border. I had already quilted it by adding 3 different designs to the quilt. I went a bit crazy here. I stippled the turquoise border, added big "teardrops" to the yellow border, and finally just quilted a meandering type of loop to the center of the quilt!!
And here is the finished quilt!! I added a red binding to the quilt just to make the turquoise and yellow pop a bit. Those are all 6 inch blocks. I absolutely love how it turned out. This quilt is where my quilting journey first started!! I knew nothing about quilting and thought I'd just jump in feet first. After all, you never know until you try. My first few blocks were scary, but I got better and better as I continued putting the blocks together!
This is the backing of the quilt. I found this fabric at Joanns. As soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect because it was such a fun and cute print!! I love canoodling with this quilt!! It keeps me warm on chilly nights. Although I thought the 6" blocks were going to be the death of me, I'm so glad I kept on going. I learned so much by making this quilt. Definitely have no regrets!!
Have a great day, friends! Be blessed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment