I was asked to join a "Sew Sweet Bee" in late December! What's a "Sew Sweet Bee" you ask! Well, I had no idea what is was either! A Sew Sweet Bee is an online Bee that runs for 11 months, January through November. There are 11 members, so we take December off. Each month there is a Queen Bee. The Queen Bee for the month will e-mail everyone a tutorial of a quilting block pattern that she would like. The pattern cannot be a copyright. It must be a free pattern that's been found online or on someone's blog that they have freely shared. The Queen Bee will ask for the colors that she would like in her block and the types of fabrics she'd like to be used. Initially, I wasn't sure since I was so new to quilting. The ladies in this Bee have already been quilting for many years. To say I was intimidated is an understatement. I wanted to give it a try anyway. It's such a great opportunity to meet new friends, and to bless them with a quilting block that they ask for!
Well, for the month of January, the Queen Bee asked for the sailboat that you see in this quilt. So super cute! Each of the other 10 Bees will make her the same block, but with whatever fabrics we have on hand that she asked for. She did ask for a specific fabric, Daysail by Bonnie and Camille for Moda Fabrics. It's the same fabric that you see in the quilt I just posted about.
Now initially I was going to use these fabrics, but instead....
I ended up choosing these!! January's Queen Bee was very happy with her sailboat block! It was such a joy making it for her! I can't wait to make blocks for the other ladies, too!!
I will be the Queen Bee in February... tomorrow!! Stay tuned to see which quilting block I've chosen! Have a lovely day friends. God bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment