Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Tire Rims!!

A couple of days ago I posted about a cleaning product that I tried from Pinterest. In the post, I mentioned that I used the cleaner on our car... the rims to be exact.  The rims of our tires were really dirty. I also tried cleaning those with different products. Some of the greasy stuff came off, but not to my satisfaction. Since I had mixed the vinegar/soap stuff, I figured I'd try it on the rims, after all the Dawn commercial would say "Dawn cuts grease out of your way", LOL!

After spraying the tub a couple of days ago, and while the cleaner in the bottle was still warm, I went into the garage to see how well it would clean the rims. Here's what they looked like before I cleaned them, ew!


I sprayed each rim one at a time and then scrubbed them with a sponge. I told Mr. Tuki to grab the water hose so that he could rinse them off quickly. It was a hot day outside so I didn't want the stuff to dry on there.

After he rinsed and I dried, this is what they looked like....


I am telling ya, that stuff works pretty good. There were just a few spots that I couldn't get super clean, but for the most part they look way better than they have in a very looooooong time. Mr.Tuki and I are not very good at keeping our vehicles clean. We live in a mountainous/country area with lots of dirt and sometimes it's a lost cause keeping the cars clean! My husband was super impressed, just like he was with the bathtub a couple of days ago. I still have some of the cleaner left over. If I need to use it again, I'll just heat it up like I posted a couple of days ago.

Give this a try for your cars rims. Surprise your hubby, or wife! :-)

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please feel free to leave a comment. God bless!!

No comments: