Monday, December 21, 2015

Blessing others!

Last night we went Christmas caroling with a group of friends. This has become a yearly tradition that we really enjoy. We strategically plan what homes we are going to (either someone who needs cheering up, lost a loved one, or just going through a hard time.) I really love that my kids get to participate because they are learning to think of others and how they can serve them. Sometimes serving means lifting someone's spirits. 

My friend, who hosts the caroling, asked if I'd make some tags with a verse of scripture that we could place on the plate of cookies that we give to each house that we carol at. I came up with these and and added Isaiah 7:14 to the back of the tag!


Each person that joins in on the caroling is asked to bake a couple of dozen cookies. We then take all of the cookies and put together several plates of the different varieties. We then covered them with saran wrap and taped the tag to the top of the plates.

I think we visited about 7-8 different houses (all spread out) in 32* weather. It is so rewarding and we pray that God is glorified through this small gesture. People tonight were blessed. I could tell by the smiles on their faces that they were pleasantly surprised by the visit!

We were blessed by some of the people in town who put on this live nativity every year! They are really brave souls to be out there in 32* weather! We went over and began singing carols to them, too, and gave them some cookies as well!!

God is good, friends! Have a great day!

No comments: