Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First fruits of his labor!

My husband loooooves to garden, me, not so much. When we moved into our home, we made an agreement that he would take care of the outside and I would take care of the inside. Works for me!

I'm the type that doesn't like dirt under her nails prefers to be indoors either cleaning or crafting. My husband (whom I'll refer to as Mr.Tuki) on the other hand, can be outside for hours at a time planting, watering, pruning... you get the idea.

He picked these yesterday out of his garden. What I love most about Mr. Tuki is that he will give away the first fruits of his labor to friends or family. He says that he does this to honor giving the first of everything to the Lord. (I love his heart, always in the right place!) He plants lots of zucchini, serrano peppers, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro (I'm feeling like some salsa right about now!)




He's also been planting corn for the last couple of years. He enjoys eating the fresh veggies straight out of his garden. I'm so thankful that he loves doing all this so that we can eat as healthy as possible! How about you? Do you have a veggie or herb garden? I'd love to see pictures!!

Thank you again for visiting my blog and please feel free to leave a comment. God Bless!!

No comments: